A busy summer for many Girl Scouts - Let's investigate:
- Nebraska's York News Times has an awesome story about a group of Girl Scouts who saved money and traveled 4,300 miles across 16 different states, from Nebraska to Savannah, Georgia, Washington DC and Niagara Falls, NY.
- Ohio's Bucyrus Telegraph Forum ran an op-ed explaining how much more there is to Girl Scouting than selling cookies.
- Human Resource Executive reports that leaders at the Girl Scouts of San Gorgonio Council decided that a change in work environment was the right move for their workforce. It created organizational trust, resulted in more meaningful performance evaluations and increased worker initiative.
- The Denville Neighborhood News, NJ, reports that Operation Cookie is still alive and well this summer - supplying cookies to US Troops abroad.
- In California, The Santa Clarita Valley Signal reports that two Girl Scouts recently earned the prestigious Girl Scout Silver Award by making the front of the Santa Clarita Valley Senior Center more attractive.