- Last week in Raleigh, NC, Mayor Charles Meeker declared March 7-13 Girl Scout Week.
- The Canon City Daily Record, CA, reports that Girl Scout Week was proclaimed with these sentiments: "Girl Scouts, the largest organization for girls in the world, is the leading authority and advocate for girls inspiring millions of girls and women with the highest ideals of courage, confidence and character."
- The Kirksville Daily Express, MO, states that The Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri will join Girl Scouts around the country to celebrate Girl Scout Week and the 98th anniversary of Girl Scouts from March 7-13.
- The Citizen in Auburn, NY, wishes Girl Scouts a Happy 98th Birthday!
- In The Warren Reporter, NJ, Helen Wronski, president and CEO of Girl Scouts of Northern New Jersey says that, "Girl Scout Week is an opportunity to celebrate the history of Girl Scouting and help our girls to make the world a better place by giving back to their communities."
- Utica - NY'S WKTV declares that Girl Scout Week means cookie time.
- According to The Richmond-Times Dispatch, VA, Richmond Mayor Dwight C. Jones has given up sweets for Lent, but that didn't stop him from meeting yesterday with a group of cookie-selling Girl Scouts for National Girl Scout Week.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Girl Scout Week Run-Down
From Mayoral Declarations to 98th Birthday Wishes, Girl Scout Week is in the news: