- In San Angelo, TX, The Standard Times reports on the mentoring opportunities provided by the Girl Scout Cookie Program.
- Bill Bunten, the Mayor of Topeka, KS, toasted the Girl Scouts at an even called "Milk and Girl Scout Cookies with the Mayor". Read about it in The Topeka Capital-Journal.
- A group of Girl Scouts from St. Cloud, MN, walked in Sunday’s Veterans Day parade because some soldiers could not. The girls carried signs displaying the names of area soldiers who are serving overseas or were otherwise unable to make it. Read about it in The St. Cloud Times.
- The Morris Daily Herald in Illinois has a fantastic story on Amber Hunnewell, 16 - who earned the Girl Scout Gold Award this fall - along with many other accolades.
- The Springfield News-Leader in Missouri is reporting on Sarah Bakker, Amy Norval and Lauren McLarry who are establishing a rain garden at Kickapoo High School in a water runoff problem area known as "Lake Kickapoo."
- Read here how United Way funds assist Girl Scouts.
- Over the weekend, Girl Scouts in South Carolina gathered to retire flags.
Have a great week!