Hope everyone's Summer is off to a great start. Here is a listing of stories from the weekend:
- The Miami Herald has a great story about two Girl Scouts and their efforts to save the Miami Marine Stadium, designed by architect Hilario Candela in the Miami Modern (MiMo) style.
- Over the weekend, The Girl Scouts of Central Michigan experienced American Indian history and danced at a Pow Wow. Read about it in The Jackson Citizen Patriot.
- In New Jersey, Jennifer Strain has received the Young American Award from the Monmouth Council of Boy Scouts for her philanthropic efforts in multiple areas. Read about Jennifer, who recently earned her engineering degree, in The Asbury Park Press.
- The Journal Gazette and Times-Courier reports on Central Illinois Girl Scout Sarah Yockey, 15, of Shelbyville. Yockey has been awarded a trip to Europe for her essay about how Girl Scouts are taking action on some of the most compelling issues of our time.
- 95-year-young Elizabeth Stow Green "Lib" Cowles will be the grand marshal of the July 4 Parade in Stow, OH. Her Mantra, "Love everybody - It makes things easier"...