- Wyoming's Casper Star Tribune reports that Wyoming Girl Scouts pen holiday cards for troops. Hundreds of thousands of veterans and soldiers will — through the effort of volunteers like the girls of Troop 1582 — get a small reminder that someone, somewhere is thinking of them. Appreciates them.
- California's Calabasas Patch reports that Calabasas Girl Scout Bailey Higa has been named one of 94 Emerging Leaders by Girl Scouts of Greater Los Angeles in recognition of her outstanding extra-curricular and academic accomplishments.
- Wisconsin's Wausau Daily Herald has a column by Jess Radke with the Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes titled, Girl Scouts raises self-esteem, awareness. Radke cites The Girl Scout Research Institute’s recent study Real to Me: Girls and Reality TV in her column.
- PYMNTS.com reports that WEX President, The Americas, Melissa Smith, Named 2013 “Woman of Distinction” by Girl Scouts of Maine.
- Florida's Bloomingdale-Riverview Patch reports that six teens in Girl Scout Troop 707 have been busy saving their pennies and hosting fundraisers in the hopes of touring Scotland this summer.
- 5280 THE DENVER MAGAZINE urges people to visit the Girl Scouts Thursday during their Cool Science event at the United States Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. Sign up to watch the girls discover the magic science.
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Girl Scouts Coast to Coast - December 5, 2012
Today's Coast to Coast spans the entire country with fantastic Girl Scout stories. Check it out!