- Michigan's WDIV TV reports that Detroit's own "America's Thanksgiving Parade" is one of the oldest and most celebrated parades in the country and second in size only to the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade in New York City. Girl Scouts had an awesome 100th Anniversary Float. Video at the link.
- What would the world be without life-saving Girl Scouts? Milwaukee's FOX 6 NOW reports that seventh-grader Arianna Carella was awarded with the Girl Scouts National Lifesaving Medal of Honor for demonstrating courage, confidence and character. She saved her Grandmother's life - video below.
- CBS Sports reports that The San Diego State women's basketball team will conduct its annual Girl Scouts Night when it faces USC on Friday, Nov. 30. All fans wearing Girl Scouts attire will be given a free general admission ticket when checking in at the Girl Scouts' table. In addition, the Girl Scouts are scheduled to present colors and perform the national anthem prior to the game.
- In New York, The Citizen reports that a half dozen Girl Scouts ranging in age from 9 to 13 were beaming with excitement and laughter over their annual Thanksgiving activity. Two Girl Scout troops gathered to help those in need and lend a hand to a local cause that they said means so much to them.
- Also in New York, the Tarrytown-Sleepy Hollow Patch reports that The Girl Scouts Heart of the Hudson enjoyed a memorable visit recently from Air Force Tech Sergeant, Kim Overturf, who came in person to thank GSHH for sending over cookies to the USO and their unit through Operation Cookie Drop program. Overturf is a Girl Scout alumna herself, and presented the GSHH with a U.S. flag.
- Last but not least, Forbes has an article titled, "5 Lessons Girl Scouts Can Teach Women Entrepreneurs About Social Media". It's fantastic! Also fantastic is the announcement on Yahoo! that Girl Scouts of the USA has been selected Overall Grand Champion and Category Champion in the large business division, nonprofit category, as part of the 2012 Social Media Leadership Awards, the first global competition to honor organizations that have overcome challenges through the use of social media.
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Girl Scouts Coast to Coast - November 29, 2012
Today's Coast to Coast has so many great stories, it's almost unfair to afford them only one post, but we will try! Check it out.