USA Today has an article 'Six tips to help your kids become entrepreneurs'.
Here are six tips from the kids and their parents for how your kids can become entrepreneurs. Tip Number five gives a shout out to Girl Scouts:
- Get them started experimenting young.
- Take your kids seriously.
- Don't do too much — or too little.
- Don't waste time.
- Plug them into networks for young inventors. There are tons of organizations offered right through school they can join to get hands-on experience in being an inventor and entrepreneur, including Odyssey of the Mind, First Robotics and Future Business Leaders of America. Plus, organizations like Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts and 4H also develop a lot of these leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
- Be prepared to dedicate a lot of time to the business.
Look here for a closer look at the six tips. Do you think Girl Scouting supports the entrepreneurial spirit in girls?