Here are some Girl Scout stories from this past weekend:
- The St. Cloud Times reports that Girl Scouts of Minnesota and Wisconsin Lakes and Pines will have an overnight program for girls to learn all aspects of putting on a theatrical show: makeup, costumes, lighting, set design and acting.
- In Massachusetts, Newbury Port News reports on several Rowley Girl Scouts striving to earn their Girl Scout Silver Awards.
- The Nevada Appeal reports on two Girl Scout Gold Award recipients.
- Indiana's Daily Reporter has the story of The Flying Monkeys, whose device, called the BOB-1, won the inaugural FIRST Global Innovation Award. The Flying Monkeys will receive up to $20,000 from the X Prize Foundation toward patenting their invention.
- Michigan's Observer and Eccentric reports that Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan recently recognized three women from Northville for their dedication to Girl Scouting. Linda Heiberger was named an Outstanding Leader. Jillian Bazzi and Cherie Cornick were honored as Outstanding Volunteers.