- In Norwalk, CT, The Hour reports that local Girl Scouts and Girl Guides gathered in the Lockwood-Matthews Mansion rotunda to celebrate the 3rd annual Thinking Day Ceremony and Program on Sunday afternoon, continuing a tradition that is nearly 100 years old.
- The Plainfield Patch, IL reports that Cadette Girl Scout Troop 572 recently cut out and sewed dresses for an orphanage in Haiti. The girls were excited at the opportunity to help other girls around the world. One of the leaders' cousins is a missionary and goes to Haiti regularly - he will deliver the dresses.
- The Central Florida Future reports that University of Central Florida Director of Women's Studies M.C. Santana holds many titles and responsibilities in her life. As of Jan. 29, she will add one more. Santana was elected to the Citrus Council Developmental Board of the Central Florida Girl Scouts, which services all Central Florida counties.
- Ohio's Springfield News-Sun reports that dancing with dad was ‘perfect’ at Girl Scouts get-together. The father-daughter dance also features portraits, socializing, refreshments and balloons.
- In Nebraska, KTIV News-4 reports that local girl scouts are learning you're never too young to be heart healthy. Mercy Medical Center's Red Dress Ambassadors teamed up with troops for a day of exercise and healthy eating at the Norm Waitt Senior YMCA.