- In Nebraska ABC TV 9 reports that a Nebraska Girl Scout has been recognized for her campaign to help others by collecting blankets, books and bears for kids living at Cedars Home for Children in Lincoln. The Nebraska Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals recently gave Brianna Brass of its Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy award.
- Michigan's Argus-Press reports that the Shiawassee County Humane Society recently received an updated storage room, thanks to Junior Girl Scout Troop 73344. After emptying and cleaning the room, the troop gave it a fresh coat of paint and built a pallet and new shelves for storage of cat litter, cat food and small pet food.
- Connecticut's Thomaston-Express reports that four students received awards for leadership, service and academics - one being a Girl Scout.
- Iowa's Newton Daily News reports that when Newton Girl Scout Troop 641 made dresses for the non-profit group “Little Dresses for Africa,” they thought it would earn them a badge and help people. They never thought they would have the opportunity to see how their efforts affected these orphans from Africa first-hand. Following directions from the Little Dresses for Africa website, the girls used pillowcases to sew dresses and sent them off to the non-profit group. Later in 2010, Tarrita Spicer, Girl Services Manager for Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa, joined the non-profit group on a mission trip to Malawi and brought back pictures of the smiling faces of these grateful little girls.
- The Examiner takes a look at the best selling Girl Scout Cookies - Check it out!
- If you live in Southeast Florida, Make a date for beauty at the Saks Fifth Avenue Palm Beach Gardens Brushes with Greatness event on Saturday, Dec. 4 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. to benefit Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida. Five percent of all purchases made with the special savings pass will be donated back to Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida. Read more in the TC Palm.