- In Peoria, IL, The Journal Star reports that Girl Scouts donated 25,000 boxes of Girl Scouts cookies courtesy of the State Farm Adopt-a-Soldier program, which worked with the Girl Scouts earlier this year in Operation Cookie Share. It was all a part of the sixth annual Operation Santa that will send thousands of Christmas stockings to troops overseas.
- In Wisconsin, Northwestern.com reports that Oshkosh Girl Scout Troop No. 2018 has organized an event that will help bring food to stock the shelves of area food pantries – an event called Canstruction. Canstruction is a national event promoted by the Society of Design Administration and the American Institute of Architects.
- In Pennsylvania, The Times Leader reports that Girl Scout Troop 33605 is installing and monitoring a bluebird trail along the Back Mountain Trail in Trucksville to earn their Silver Award, the second highest award a Girl Scout can achieve.
- Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts of Douglas County recently held 'Scouting for Food' drive. The scouts placed bags and boxes at people's homes and later collected the containers. KPIC TV 4 in Oregon reports.
- In Florida, The Foster Folley News reports that The Girl Scout Council of the Florida Panhandle is seeking nominations to recognize women in the Panhandle communities who have distinguished themselves through service and leadership. A program inspired by Girl Scouts nationally, the Women of Distinction Awards Gala honors women who have a strong commitment to their community and serve as role models to young girls.
- In Butte Falls, OR, The Upper Rogue Independent reports that Ellen Radcliffe is one of just three percent nationwide to earn a Gold Award as a Girl Scout. She earned this distinguishing as a Juliette (named for the founder of Girl Scouts), meaning she has not been affiliated with a troop during her climb to the Gold and her ranking as an Ambassador Girl Scout.