- In Springfield, MA, The Republican reports that "Girl's dance benefits church".
- ABC News 13 in Lynchburg, VA, reports that the Lynchburg Girl Scouts beat their old coat drive record this year by 50 coats.
- Also on Virginia's ABC News 13 - in Danville, Girl Scouts Need Troop Leaders.
- The Kansas City Star reports that The Girl Scouts of Northeast Kansas and Northwest Missouri will honor Angela Bennett with the C3 Award as a part of the Campin’ annual event. Every year they select a woman who personifies the three main characteristics girls develop through Scouting: courage, confidence and character. Bennett, 57, epitomizes all three and more.
- Congratulations to Fourteen-year-old Girl Scout Shelbey Logan who will participate in a Girl Scout/NASA program designed to form astronomy clubs in the nation's Girl Scout councils. She was selected to participate in the program based on an essay she wrote on the subject earlier this year. Read more in The Salina Journal.