- In Minnesota, The Fargo Moorhead Forum reports that local Girl Scouts will participate in the fifth annual Trick or Treat So Others Can Eat food drive Saturday. Girls will go door to door to collect food which will be donated to the 2010 Fill the Dome project.
- In Louisiana, The Tri-Parish Times reports that Girl Scouts will be marching in Houma's annual Halloween Parade which includes an after party fundraiser with proceeds going to "plenty of food" and a silent auction, including gift cards and an autographed picture of New Orleans Saint Robert Meachem.
- In Lake Bluff, IL, a group of fourth grade Girl Scouts attended the 6th biannual Ghost Walk that drew nearly 900 for a spirit-filled historical Halloween tour of the downtown. It is the Vliet Museum's biggest fund-raiser. Read more in the Lake Forester.
- NorthJersey.com reports that Girl Scouts in Troop No. 335 recently looked a fright after visiting The Wonderfun Magic & Costume Shop in Pompton Lakes as part of its program on owning a business. Store owners Scott and Britni Morley discussed what goes into running their small business and Britni, a special FX makeup artist, gave an airbrush makeup demo, explaining how she can create spooky or fantasy designs at the store.
- Michigan's Williamston Enterprise reports that on Saturday, Williamston police reserves, along with the Girl Scouts, will be at various street crossings to assist families/kids safely across the street. The Girl Scouts will also hold a can/bottle drive in the Citizens Bank parking lot, so bring in your returnables and donate them to Girl Scouts.
Are there any Girl Scout good deeds happening this Halloween Season in your area?