- In Plymouth, PA, The Times Leader reports on three high school seniors who set out to complete their Girl Scouts Gold Star Project and ended up giving a town a lasting remembrance. The three Girl Scouts decided to create a walking tour of historical sites of Plymouth Borough. They published a flyer that explains the walk and the sites and they even created a garden to beautify the entrance to the Plymouth Historical Society.
- North Dakota's Minot Daily News reports that local Girl Scouts had the opportunity to check out Camp Owetti and enjoy games, activities and informational booths. Members of the Mid-Dakota Chapter of the American Red Cross were there with first-aid kits, and the Minot Fire Department, Minot Public Library and Minot State University Rural Crime and Justice Center also were represented. The event in the park heralds the start of another Girl Scout year, which begins in October even though many troops already have begun meeting this month.
- In Texas, The Victoria Advocate reports that the Savannah birthplace of Juliette Gordon Low, who founded Girl Scouts of the USA, will offer free admissions next weekend as part of the national Museum Day.
- In Massachussetts, The Swapmscott Reporter ran a letter from a member of Girl Scout Troop 60807, thanking the community for help in completing a Silver Award Project.
- Similarly, The Mansfield News Journal reports that The Girl Scouts of Ohio's Heartland Council's Crooked Lane Day Camp wish to express their gratitude to those who contributed to the success of their day camp. Eight Girl Scout Service Units were represented from Crawford, Morrow and Richland counties.
- Louisiana's Shreveport Times reports that The Girl Scouts of Louisiana Pines to the Gulf hosted a Mega Rally Recruitment Day on Saturday at the Barnwell Center in downtown Shreveport that resulted in fun and more new recruits for the Girl Scouts. The event, which showcased the leadership skills and mentoring that Girl Scouting offers, also featured a trade show with book authors and local vendors such as the Shreveport/Bossier Rescue Mission, Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries/U.S. Army Corp of Engineers...
- Another awesome Girl Scout Silver Award story - MyCentralJersey.com reports that Warren Girl Scouts are dedicated to helping shelter animals.