- In California, The Press-Enterprise has an article about over 600 Girl Scouts learning to garden this summer at Camp Garden. The hope is that the Orange County girls will go home and plant.
- In Blount County, TN, The Daily Times reports that Girl Scout Junior Troop 20939 recently visited Savannah, Ga., to visit the home of organization founder Juliette Gordon Low.
- The Girl Scouts of Central Illinois recently recognized George, Jeff and Theresa Spear for their contributions to the Quincy area. Read more in The Quincy Herald-Whig.
- Kentucky's WKYT reports that Girl Scouts is undergoing a makeover.
- In Murfreesboro, TN, The Daily News Journal reports that Girl Scouts honored a local physician for her fundraising efforts.
- Missouri's News-Leader has an article relaying that Girl Scouts deserves support. Similar sentiments can be found in New York's Times Union.