- In Connecticut, The Register Citizen reports that Girl Scouts pitched in on city-wide efforts to honor the memory of fallen veterans.
- The Alternative Press has a fantastic look at The Girl Scouts Heart of New Jersey offering of a budget friendly family vacation opportunity.
- The Buffalo News travels back in time and shares that a time capsule offers a glimpse of the past while preparing for a new era.
- A memorial garden has come back to life in Strongsville, OH - Justine Mroczka, 16, organized the redesign and replanting of the Hannah Wernke Memorial Garden for her Girl Scout Gold Award project. The garden is a memorial to Hannah, a former Kinsner student who died at the age of 8 from a rare cardiac disorder. Read more in Ohio's Sun Star Courier.
- Girl Scouts of the USA's partnership with The Urban League was highlighted by AFRO.
- Last but not least, a look at B-Unique summer day camp for girls - it operates with the mission of “empowering girls to be different by living courageously, creatively and compassionately.” Check it out in Ohio's Journal News.