- Head over to The Plain Dealer in Ohio and check out a fantastic interview with Daisy Alford-Smith. Smith is the Chief Executive Officer of Girl Scouts of North East Ohio in Macedonia, an organization with 110 employees who serve 40,000 girls and 14,000 adult volunteers in 18 counties. Alford-Smith was recruited in 2007 to lead the merger and realignment of five Legacy Girl Scout councils.
- Also in Ohio, The Marion Star reports that Girl Scouts of Ohio's Heartland Council hosted its first Dazzling Desserts event recently - The evening featured dessert creations from seven area dessert artists, dinner and live and silent auctions. Yum!
- In Alaska, The Kodiak Daily Mirror has a cool story about the Girl Scouts’ Women of Science Day at Kodiak College.
- Girl Scout Melissa Toscano of Greenwood Lake, NY, received her Gold Award at the Heart of the Hudson Girl Scout Gold Award Ceremony last month. Read about her project here.
- The Wisconsin Rapids Tribune reports, "Girl Scout camp: Affordable and priceless".
- In Arizona, Ahwatukee Girl Scouts assembled Easter baskets for 704 youngsters. Read about it in Arizona Central.