- Check out an awesome article in The Chicago Tribune on Maria Wynne - CEO of The Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago. In October 2008, Wynne left Microsoft Corp. to become the Girls Scouts' new Chief Executive Officer for the region just three months after a controversial and unprecedented merging of seven Chicago area and Northwest Indiana councils.
- The Republic in Arizona has a great piece on five Ahwatukee girls who spent nine years together in the same Girl Scout Troop.
- The Great Falls Tribune, MT, reports that Sierra Rutledge has been awarded one of only 25 Girl Scouts of America “Destination” trips handed out worldwide - she’ll be traveling in England for two weeks.
- The Journal, in West Virginia, is carrying the story about the Healthy Media for Youth Act (H.R. 4925) - a bill to improve media literacy for youth and to encourage the promotion of healthier media messages about girls and women. This bipartisan legislation has been endorsed by the Girl Scouts of the USA.
- According to The Orange County Register, CA, Seven Corona del Mar High School students received the highest honor for Girl Scouts, The Gold Award, in a ceremony March 20 at Temple Bat Yahm Chapel in Newport Beach.