- In New Mexico, The Las Cruces Sun-News is reporting on three Las Cruces Junior Girl Scouts for bringing some needed Christmas cheer to area homeless and near-homeless children.
- In Binghampton, NY, Action 12 News reports that a holiday open house - including a giving tree - highlights the Girl Scouts mission this Holiday Season.
- The Kansas City Star has a story about members of Girl Scout Troop No. 110, who have completed the work necessary to receive the Bronze Award. The girls worked with the new Kansas City chapter of StandUp For Kids, a nonprofit that helps homeless children ages 12-18.
- On Nov. 14, Scouts in Bedford, NH, picked up bags full of food for this year’s "Scouting for Food Drive". In total, the scouts collected over 9,500 items of food. Read the entire story here.
- A story that's been reported on this blog previously, which still has legs - The Delaware News Journal is reporting that The US Green Building Council has issued its first "platinum" certification in Delaware to a Girl Scouts science lodge in Hockessin.
- The Pueblo Chieftan is reporting on Colorado Springs Girl Scout Nikki Saucedo. Saucedo recently received her Gold Award for her involvement in Operation Smile - an international organization that has treated more than 135,000 children and young adults with cleft lips, cleft palates and other facial deformities...