Welcome back from what hopefully was for you, a long weekend! Here's the run-down:
- Girl Scouts from Brookfield, IL, are headed to Switzerland next summer. They are hoping a fundraiser on Saturday, October 17, will help them get there. Read more in Brookfield Suburban Life.
- Yesterday, The Girl Scouts of Western New York announced big plans to keep people warm this winter. The Girl Scouts made the first official donation for the PJ Round - Up. Read about it here!
- The Wall Street Journal has a fantastic story about about an Indian family juggling cultural identity and modern life. Girl Scouting is mentioned in the first sentence!
- Marina Park, CEO - Girl Scouts of Northern California, has an op-ed in The San Francisco Chronicle about the benefits of realignment and how, through partnering, they are able to serve more girls through programs such as "Girls Go Tech". It's fantastic, check it out!
- In Bainbridge, NY, when a the community was faced with graffiti on buildings, The Girl Scouts in town volunteered to clean it up. Find the video and story here!
- In Charleston SC, Girl Scout Julia Lewis is only 13 , but she says one is never too young to spread the news about avoiding breast cancer. Watch her video at Charleston News 2.