In this week's Weekend Run-Down, check out stories ranging from the Phoenix Astronomical Society to Scouts trekking through Costa Rica.
- The Rockford Register Star in Illinois has a fantastic profile of Ruth Little, CEO of the Girl Scouts Rock River Valley Council.
- In Gloucester, NJ, The Gloucester County Times is reporting on a young Girl Scout who has been lobbying her local council to install crosswalks at a dangerous intersection.
- Marianne Elizabeth Cook of Chapel Hill, NC, has earned the Girl Scout Gold Award for building an outdoor art shelter. Read more about that in The Chapel Hill News and Observer.
- The New York Examiner has a great story about The Phoenix Astronomical Society, which hosts major events for Girl Scouts.
- In a story that will surely inspire jealousy, Inside Costa Rica is reporting about a 15-day Girl Scout trip trekking through the clouds and rain forests of Costa Rica.
Do you have a story to share?