- Sixteen year old Sarah Bullock is working to change the perceptions and unhealthy habits of college students by hosting a demonstration at the Ohio Valley University Student Expo. Read more about the project in The Ohio News and Sentinel.
- The Victoria Advocate in Texas is reporting on the upcoming Los Lonely Boys performance at a local Girl Scouts fundraiser. It's an outdoor show and there will be a cook-off and BBQ going on all day, which sounds like a great summer event to me!
- Also in Texas, The Austin Statesman is reporting on two Scouts who have earned the Girl Scout Gold Award - both with really cool projects.
- Girl Scouts in Mt. Vernon, IL, hosted their own Dancing With the Stars event - with original choreography and a competition - in order to raise awareness about healthy lifestyles. Read more in The Mt. Vernon Register News.
- The Brandon News and Tribune in Tampa, FL, is reporting on Girl Scouts who are kicking off the school year with events aimed to raise environmental awareness. The events are modeled after the Girl Scouts Journeys Program.
- In Eugene, OR, The Register Guard shares a story about an annual Girl Scouts gathering for Hispanic girls that inspires them to have pride in their heritage.