A little delayed with the weekend news, but better late than never! Here we go:
- On Sunday, service was held outside the site of a century-old Maspeth, NY, United Methodist Church, five days after it was destroyed by fire. The Church was home to a local Girl Scout Troop's meetings and events. Read more in The New York Times.
- Members of Girl Scout Troop 81403 in Frederick, MD, grew tired of hearing that recycling at their school wasn't possible, so they established a recycling program, which has yielded much success!
- In this turbulent economy, it's awesome to hear about Girl Scout Cookie sales on the rise.
- In Northern Pennsylvania, The Reporter has a positive story about The Girl Scouts of Eastern Pennsylvania and the effects of their recent merger.
- Dolly Parton is definitely all the rage.